The real reason for all the issues.

A few weeks later I got a report on the problems with my bike.

1. The valve stem seal were leaking (yes the ones I had had fitted less than a year before)

2.The valve shims were hand made and not flat but were rounded

3. The piston rings needed replacing (yes, the same ones done less than a year before)

4. Head and barrel gaskets needed replacing (yes the ones replaced less than a year before)

5. The cam chain needed replace as well as the tensioner

6. All the carb diaphragms were split

7. The carb floats were cracked

As you can imagine I was not a happy chap, but also I was relieved to have finally got to the cause of the issues. I ordered the parts and once they arrived they were fitted.





All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners.
Submitted and public relations material also owned by their respective owners.
All other content Copyright © Michael Cannon 2017/2018

©2017 by Kawasaki ZZR 1100 Riding a Legend. Proudly created with